Protect babies and toddlers from mosquito bites
- Dress babies and toddlers so that as much skin as possible is covered. Loose fitting clothes or muslin wraps are good in the heat and keep the mozzies off.
- Use insect nets over prams and cots
- Use a natural mosquito repellent that is safe to use on babies and small children. Insect repellents that contain DEET are generally not suitable for children under 3 (it is highly toxic!).
- Use soy citronella candles outdoors as they can be effective in warding off the mozzies
- Always apply repellent before a child goes outside to play and mosquitos are about.
We recommend our Baby Good Riddance Mozzie & Midgie Mousse as a natural insect repellent that can be used on babies three months and over, and also for children with Eczema. We recommend parents do a spot test on the baby or child before applying all over.