Tips to ease itch of insect bites
The arrival of warmer weather and sunshine can mean holidays, outdoor BBQs, beach trips, camping trips and generally fun times! Being outdoors can also mean the possibility of annoying insect bites. Here are some tips to ease the itch and discomfort insect bites or stings:
- Remove the sting or tick if still in the skin
- Wash the affected area with soap and water
- Apply a cold compress (such as a flannel or cloth cooled with cold water) or an ice pack to any swelling for at least 10 minutes
- Raise or elevate the affected area if possible, as this can help reduce swelling
- Avoid scratching the area or bursting any blisters, to reduce the risk of infection (easier said than done sometimes!)
The pain, swelling and itchiness usually only lasts a few days, however if it persists, please ask your pharmacist or see your GP.
Our Rescue Balm is a great bite relief stick and can help ease the itch, numb the bite and help it heal.