Ways to mosquito-proof your home
There's nothing worse than hearing that dreaded mozzie sound whirring around your head when you're laying in bed. Luckily there are a lot of things we can do to minimize mosquitos getting into your home. Some tips to mozzie proof your home are:
- Maintain flywire screens on windows and doors
- If you live in a mozzie prone area but don't have any screens, consider using mosquito netting over the bed
- Use ceiling or floor fans to reduce mozzies
- An alternative to using toxic mosquito coils or plug-in devices is to use a mosquito repellent essential oil blend in a diffuser
- Remove stagnant water where mozzies can breed. Clean gutters and drains regularly and mend leaking taps
- Change pets' drinking water and water in vases, pot plants and bird baths at least once a week
- Put sand around the base of pot plants
- Keep swimming pools chlorinated, salted or empty if not in use
- Keep fishponds stocked as fish eat mosquito larvae
- Check rainwater tanks or water storage devices to make sure any tops or covers are close-fitting.
For a range of highly effective, natural insect repellent options, check out our range at www.goodriddance.com.au.